Re: wgo Tour: which pages?

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 14:36 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:
>
> > What about inserting here a page about Innovation &
> > Roadmap... GNOME
> > shaping its future.
>
> That would be good. If that was something GNOME did.

Well it's not just what GNOME does (*), but also what GNOME can handle.
For instance, do you want to have all those 3D, transparent, rainy,
whatever effects in your desktop? Enjoy them with GNOME.

If the argument is still unconvincing, can we find other areas of
attractive innovation?

Or is GNOME not having innovation at all?

(*) we can also consider at which extent GNOME does or doesn't. Are the
3D desktop works done at RedHat, Novell, Beryl, freedesktop etc
completely separate of GNOME? In any case the tour is about showcasing
and I thing it's useful to showcase the innovative stuff GNOME can
handle and offer to users.

PS: Beryl *is* gnome, see http://www.beryl-the-gnome.co.uk/  :P