Re: GNOME : Get involved

--- Djihed Afifi <djihedlists googlemail com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 11:44 +0000, Joachim Noreiko
> wrote:
> > I still wonder why
> > we need an external site to promote GNOME. To me
> it is
> > a symptom of a
> > GNOME and gnome.org failure. The wgo revamp tries
> > solve failures like
> > this, and I don't see what GNOME marketing
> > spreadgnome.org could do that
> > gnome.org can't do.
>
> I think it's basically the name + the content +
> fans. The name gives a
> strong indication about what the site does. Fans,
> especially those who
> are not involved in the day to day development of
> gnome will be more
> drawn into a site where they feel it's actually
> about what they do:
> promote what they love, but not what they don't
> understand: development
> etc. Not sure if what I wanted to say got through :)

(re-ccing the list)

Right.
Then let's make WGO's 'Get Involved' section speak to
fans, not just developers.
There's no reason why WGO can't address the needs you
describe, and in fact I think it *should*. WGO should
be everybody who has any sort of connection to gnome.

PS. Could someone check whether our list of use cases
has "I'm a fanboy and I want to promote GNOME
tirelessly" on it?

PPS. The wiki is being really slow lately.

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html