Re: Website

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:06:01 +0200
David Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:

> As some of you know, the board has talked about how the website should
> be handled, and the best answer we have is "someone should do it". So
> we're officially looking for a someone - and all offers are on the
> table. [...]

It might be a good idea to look for several persons, not just for one.
The GNOME web is rather large. For example, you can't expect somebody
maintaining www.gnome.org to take care about live.gnome.org, too. This
is simply too much work for a single volunteer.

I've tried to improve the content of wwww.gnome.org in the past few
months as best as I can and time permits. I think I'd like to continue
doing that.

However, the most important problem is to get library.gnome.org
running. Really. Are you looking for a maintainer of library.gnome.org,
too?

You should also look for maintainer of projects.gnome.org. It doesn't
exist right now. But as soon as the sys-admins made the CVS2SVN
transition, we should create it. I was told there's a fixed date for
the transition.

Maintaining p.g.o should be easy, since it will be just a webpage with
lots of directories others (ought to) maintain. Maybe we should call it
forge.gnome.org?

Another question is foundation.gnome.org: Maybe it would be easier to
integrate it back into w.g.o for maintaining it. Otherwise, it would
makes sense to look for a maintainer, too. No?

Making a long text short: IMO, we should try to split our webpages into
maintainable pieces, and find a maintainer for each of them.

Cheers,
Claus