Re: making live CDs for EclipseCon

On 3/6/06, Ben Konrath <ben bagu org> wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:55:03 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > [I'd definitely suggest adding java-gnome:
> > http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/bin/view/Main/GetJavaGnome
> >
> > as well.]
>
> Yeah, that was my plan. I'm going to add the java-gnome eclipse plugin
> that I hacked up too.
>
> >> Anyway, the CDs that were handed out at GUADEC last year were kinda
> >> slick because they had a nice pretty graphic. Does anybody know how they
> >> were made or where the graphic came from?
> >
> > Hrm. Not sure how the GUADEC liveCD images were made; I'm guessing
> > they were expensive (because of the color); inkscape plus some tracing
> > made for a nice-looking and cheap liveCD for LWE Boston last year.
>
> Did you burn them and print the image with an inkjet printer yourself or
> did you use a duplication service?

I used a local duplication service, which cost a dollar or two a CD,
and sold the CDs for five bucks. We came in just over break even,
though that was at LWE, a much bigger conference than eclipsecon, as
far as I know. There was some left over money that could be used for
something like this, though not much.

Luis