Re: The relation with gnomefiles.org

o Provide a clearer visual recognition of software/application type
vis-a-vis license or in simpler terms categorise apps based on
license also

As I have already wrote, no closed source apps will be fed to
gnome.org. I can add the information regarding what license an app
uses in the rss feed too. This is not a problem.

o Classify apps on gnomefiles.org a bit more intuitively

Sorry, it is way too much work to remove/add new subcategories and
move apps to them one by one. Doing major architectural/design changes
is out of the question. I am really happy with how the site works and
performs. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. :-)

o Get some feedback loop in place for the apps on gnomefiles

There is a commenting system on gnomefiles. Users use that, there is
no reason to duplicate this. There is also rating and # of downloads.
That's more than enough feedback regarding which apps are the users
after and what they like and what they are not. In general, users are
mostly after CD burning apps, from what I have noticed... But of
course, you can always write a piece of PHP on gnome.org that checks
which apps have been clicked through more than others. Just for the
statistics' sake...

Eugenia