Re: Call for art!

Hi,

Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> David Neary wrote:
>> Can someone do a 30" x 60" banner design for GIMP & GNOME for me this
>> week, by any chance? Please? It should have both the GNOME logo and
>> Wilber, but aside from that you're free.
>
> Do you mean something like this? Or do you mean one logo on each side?
> http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gimpgnomeposter.png
> If this is ok, I'll fix it up in Scribus tonight so it will be in
> printable colors and stuff.

I did mean something like that - but I was hoping for something a little
more fancy, with some text (see jimmac's effort, which had a description
under a logo, and he's going to add a URL too) - in fact, I was hoping
that people would play with the idea and come up with some visually
impressive stuff which encapsulated the logos, without overpowering
them, and which included some aspect of the software (partial
screenshots, for example) and a minimum of information (a slogan is
optional, the URL probably isn't).

Chris Mohler also did a couple of banners (all-in-one rather than split
into two, with no text) which I thought were nice:
http://cr33.is-a-geek.com/banners/

Anyway, thanks for the effort, Andreas. Between yourself, Chris &
jimmac, I'm sure we'll have something great.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary