Re: wgo revamp: Drupal or Wiki ? or a wiki in Drupal ?

Hi Amazigh, thanks for bringing your thoughts to the wgo revamp.

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 13:17 +0200, AMAZIGH Aneglus wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm a little lost in this discussion.

We don't want lost energies. I recommend you to pick one (and just one)
task at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline and push it
until we get to agreed conclusions and real results. You can take a task
without responsible or you can help in a task with a responsible
assigned.

> The problem is that now the site is

These points have already been found and put in positive. See "Goals"
and "Points to remember" at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/

> let's list all gnome websites or part of the gnome website :

Thank you! This is a big part of the work Thomas Wood needs to do for
the *.gnome.org partitioning draft. I'm CCing him, just in case he
didn't receive your previous post.

> don't forget that a guy is working on library.gnome.org for SoC 2006 [4]

He is following the wgo revamp and we are following his steps. Remember
though that here_and_now we are concentrating efforts on the
www.gnome.org revamp, not the whole *gnome.org websites redesign. This
will be a challenge for the next release cycle.

> Normal Users (NU) want to

See http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/UseCases and feel free to improve
them.

About the rest of (interesting) ideas you are suggesting, I recommend
you to prioritize those you think that should go to wgo (and not other
*go subsites) and push them with reasoning and detail.

> Let's describe the website of an application:

This is a complete different thread. Post-september in our timeline,
although you can choose to push this topic, since one day or another we
will need to go back to it.

> Another problem : forum/ML/news//: we should be able to provide all at
> -- the same time --

Another separate thread. We are not planning these services for wgo, so
there is no need for immediate discussion.

> Then we could provide blogs (and photo sharing), why ?

Same thing

> and why not a start page [3], a webmail what else ? :)

Same thing, although there might be a relation between wgo and the start
page.

> wgo goals should be 'one banner' 'one password' so we must build
> bridges between all the part of the websites or build all the website
> over the same framework.

Agreed. This is a policy.  :)

> I hope I made my point of view plain.

Mmmm yes, but I hope I also made mine asking you to concentrate in one
aspect (ok, or maybe two) in order to help efficiently to the wgo
revamp. After months/years of discussion we are now in full development
process, vague discussions and multithread emails have the risk to be
left behind even if containing good stuff.