Re: OSCON was Re: [Fwd: blah blah LinuxWorld San Francisco 2005 blah blah]

----- David Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Paul Cooper wrote:
> > Another thing we could do is hold a BOF / impromptu event. Haven't
> > been to OSCON at it's new venue but they alway used to provide
> rooms
> > for BOFS. With at least Glynn, JDub and me there we should have
> > enough people to do something (if nothing else talk about Guadec
> > 2007).
>
> I'll see about the possibility of a stand, if people are available to
> man it.

I would tend to agree with Sriram that a booth may not be the most productive use of our time at OSCON. I've just found out that they are also doing a BarCamp style unconference in parallel with OSCON called (wait for it.....) OSCAMP. See http://oscamp.org - in particular http://oscamp.org/Call_for_Speakers - although BarCamps are usually unstructured plan-it-on-the-day kind of events.

Perhaps we can think of some things to present there?

Paul