Re: Fwd: How do we want to do GNOME Marketing?

--- Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig gmail com> wrote:

> Well, I don't really see "blocking". I think we will
> not increase
> awarenesss of GNOME from our website. The websites
> are a mess - but
> whoever visits GNOME websites has at least some idea
> of why he visits
> these pages.

I mean that working on GnomeWeb is the first step
towards those two goals, and we can't get much done on
those goals until the new GnomeWeb is up.

> Do
> you mean making GNOME more visible and the
> distributors wanting to
> show their logos/brand are in conflict?

In a way, yes.
When a user boots Ubuntu, they see the Ubuntu splash,
the Ubuntu desktop background, and the Ubuntu logo on
the panel. And that's as it should be -- otherwise,
they'd say 'Hey, I put in an Ubuntu CD, what's this
Gnome stuff?'
But at the same time, a lot of these users don't know
that they're using the Gnome desktop.