Fwd: How do we want to do GNOME Marketing?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig gmail com>
Date: Dec 24, 2006 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: How do we want to do GNOME Marketing?
To: Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com>

On 12/23/06, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

--- Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig gmail com> wrote:

GnomeWeb blocks 1 and 3 at least.
3 is also blocked by the lack of good developer
documentation -- or just the lack of developer
documentation completely. See GnomeWeb/Library, which
I've not heard any updates from in a while.

I noticed a new page on branding -- that's something
our distributors and so on want, but doesn't that go
against 1? How do we reconcile the two?

Well, I don't really see "blocking". I think we will not increase
awarenesss of GNOME from our website. The websites are a mess - but
whoever visits GNOME websites has at least some idea of why he visits
these pages.

GnomeMarketing/BrandGuidlines is not that new (april this year). Do
you mean making GNOME more visible and the distributors wanting to
show their logos/brand are in conflict?

Thilo
--
Blog: http://vinci.wordpress.com