Re: 2.16 slogan and banner

El ds 26 de 08 del 2006 a les 15:36 +0300, en/na Panos Laganakos va

> use Gnome icons or Tango icons?

Requirement: this is a GNOME 2.16 banner, it should include icons
shipped with GNOME 2.16 release.

> Also should we decide on a list of apps we'll want to include?

Proposal: let's not stick on applications but on icons we like and
enforce the "simply powerful" concept.

- gnome-power-manager is a novelty in 2.16 and has cool icons, for

- the evolution icon (clock+envelope) is cool as well

- I don't find particularly appealing the icons of Alacarte, Orca and
Tomboy. Baobab's is cooler, could add an interesting "nature" input to
the banner

These are other icons I personally like. Why don't we make a list of
candidates and then make a final selection? We could nominate Andreas as

In the gnome-icon-theme package:

- document-print
- preferences-desktop-wallpaper
- web-browser