Re: 2.16 slogan and banner

Can we agree that we go for something like  http://panos.solhost.org/mockups/gnome-banner-04.png for the 2.16 banner. The other proposals are interesting and might end up being promotional banners as well (we need lots). But let's concentrate now in the 2.16 banner.

Humble comments.

It looks too "regular" for being a cutting edge release. An even/higher number of icons will probably provide a more dynamic feeling.

Not having a symetrical positioning of the elements will make the orbit and the whole banner spin more.

Maybe you want to experiment with a galactic-centripet-expansive effect instead of the pure planetary circular, to add more action.

The asimetry will help not hiding / overlapping the GNOME logo.

If we are featuring something powerful the icons should be powerful as well, and think always in newcomers' perspective. A notepad, a calculator, etc, are not precisely apps that squeeze GNOME's power.

Quim