Re: Testing the cms candidates

El dc 09 de 08 del 2006 a les 18:00 +1000, en/na Jeff Waugh va escriure:

> I'm happy to provide a point of view from the sysadmin team.

Thanks Jeff. No more volunteers, though. I suggest we start with Jeff,
Greg and myself, who have proven to be able to disagree in many aspects.
If the three of us agree on something, it has a weight.

Want to help? You still can join us.

Let's make a first round testing the CMSs installed against our
requirements. The objectives are:

- See if we agree on the first candidates to dismiss, and the reasons to
dismiss them.
- See if we agree on 1-2 favorites, and the reasons to support them.
- Send a draft report to the list for review.

The second round will be centered on the favorite candidates and the
core aspects determined after the previous round (i.e. the translation
issue). We will need mockups to work on themes and a sitemap to build
some real pages. Hopefully we will have more people to assist at that
point.

Hopefully at the end of the second round we will be able to make a solid
and justified election.

We don't have much time. Let's see if we can complete the first round by
Thursday 17th and choose a candidate by Tuesday 22nd. I know it's a
tight schedule and I know you are already busy. If you can spend some
time with the CMSs and throw me your pros and cons I will generate the
report. Register to the CMSs, I will ask for admin details in the
meantime.

If we don't have a decision by the 22nd, it is sensible to stay in the
current CVS, making the necessary updates in the structure, navigation,
content, structure and layout. The CMS selection and the whole i18n
package would be dropped then to the next release.