Re: Defining products list and pages

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 12:58 +0200, Claus Schwarm wrote:

> Maybe it's useful to remember that the products.html page was in the
> 'About' section: The navigation of the product pages needs some serious
> thought unless we want to go deeper than a 3 level navigation or make
> 'Products' a top-level item.

When I was writing my BSc thesis on accessible CMSs, I did some research
on navigation. According to [1] the optimal size for a menu is about 5-7
entries, and that they are preferably "shallow", so avoid deep
hierarchies. A completely filled 3 layer menu with 7 entries each
provides for a whopping 343 pages!

I'm sure there is also googleable info on this topic.

[1] Stephan Lamprecht. Webdesign-Handbuch (2001, Carl Hanser Verlag)