Re: Defining products list and pages

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:46:02 +0200
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

> Claus, if I'm missing other drafts you have provided about product
> pages please let us know.

No, I don't think so.

Maybe it's useful to remember that the products.html page was in the
'About' section: The navigation of the product pages needs some serious
thought unless we want to go deeper than a 3 level navigation or make
'Products' a top-level item.

Theoretically, there could be other ways, too: For example, a feature
section that changes content every day? I admit this is similar to
the gnomefiles 'App-of-the-week' box but I like it.

This may be possible even if the backend remains basically static; it
would be sufficient if pages are re-generated every day, using a PHP or
Python generator code (web coders are more familiar with templates
than makefiles, in general, so this shouldn't be a major problem --
and smarty has full language support IIRC)

Additionally, after reading Jeff's suggestion, again, and Joachim's
navigation draft, we may need to remember that we probably have a top
link for third-party developers and potential contribution coders. It's
probably more appropriate to feature technical details about the
developement platform (and maybe the embedded stuff) there -- instead
of using the 'About GNOME' section which is probably more orienteded
towards users and the general public.

[snip]

> > Example :
> > http://ploum.frimouvy.org/?2006/03/15/100-why-you-should-try-epiphany-as-your-default-browser-with-gnome-214

If anybody wants to write something like the above (more text, less
images, maybe), consider to sent it to the GNOME Journal! :-)

Cheers,
Claus