Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

--- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> <quote who="Joachim Noreiko">
>
> > wgo/app ---- | projects
> > intro, shots | contact, download, roadmap, ideas
>
> Why split? Reaching out to potential GNOME
> contributors and showing people
> the wonder of Free Software is our responsibility.
> Of course there are going
> to be things that are not appropriate for the
> product page, but that's what
> links are for. :-)

Yes, when I say 'split', I don't mean that there won't
be links -- far from it.

I have in mind an image of a restaurant.
You want an area that's clean and welcoming where
customers come in and eat. And in some restaurants,
you can see past the counter to the kitchen where the
chef is working.
And we want to go one further than that, and make it
the sort of place where anyone can walk into the
kitchen, and maybe put on an apron and help with the
cooking if they feel like it :)
But we don't want the kitchen to be the first thing
people walk into. Kitchens are hot and a bit messy :)

Joachim

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html