Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

Hi,

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 16:02:23 +0100 (BST)
Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

> That's all too much technical detail for wgo, and it
> will detract from pages aimed at users.

Some more thoughts about the topic:

  * What about the Windows port of Evolution? Say, a Windows uses
googles for 'email client': What address should he get provided we could
make Evolution one of the top links?  wgo/apps/evolution ?

  * What about apps providing a plugin interface: Nautilus, gedit or
Tomboy, for example. What's the sense in haveing a plugin interface if
the user needs Google to find plugins? But which page should promote the
plugins?

  * What about projects such as Dia: It's not part of the desktop
release. Does it need a wgo/apps/dia page? Isn't this also confusing for
wgo users?

So: It's not just technical details that makes projects.gnome.org a
necessity.

A simple page like http://www.gnome.org/projects/gedit/ satiesfies
your use cases and the ones above. And it would still do when moved
to http://projects.gnome.org/gedit/.

Cheers,
Claus