Re: [Fwd: [Foundations] EuroOSCON .org day]

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 17:44 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dave Neary">
>
> > EurOSCon is reserving place for free software projects to present in
> > Amsterdam this year - is there any interest in a GNOME stand there?
> >
> > My initial feeling is "no" - from what I've seen, the OSCons aren't
> > particularly desktop oriented, or necessarily free *nix oriented.
>
> In the past, I would have agreed, but having just returned from OSCON in the
> USA, and seen the massive shift in OS X vs. Ubuntu there, I think it would
> have made a lot of sense to have a GNOME presence. EuroOSCON is different
> again in that it has a much more European slant - there are a lot more Linux
> users in the crowd than at OSCON in the USA. I think it would be worthwhile
> showing off what we're doing at EuroOSCON.

I have contacted them and we do get a table and two easels for a GNOME
stand.

They currently have the following description for the GNOME project on
file and I was wondering if there is a newer one:

<<
  Comprised of hundreds of volunteer developers and industry-leading
companies, the GNOME Foundation is an organization committed to
supporting the advancement of GNOME. GNOME is a free software project
that provides a complete, easy to use desktop for a variety of
operating systems, including GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris (tm), Operating
Environment, HP-UX, Unix, BSD and Apple's Darwin. More than 700
computer developers, including over 100 full-time, paid developers,
contribute their time and effort to the project.

Plus they need a high res logo for the brochures. Is there one
available for download?

Last not least: anybody else on the list interested in manning the
stand? I'll otherwise contact the Brussels LUG and see to get one or two
more people from there.

Marcus