Re: Summit on gnome.org

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 10:34 +0200, David Neary wrote:
> Can we try an experiment?
>
> Rather than the standard (rather sterile) press wire release, can we
> make something a lottle less formal, and use word-of-mouth? Have it on
> the website as an announcement, and send it around as an e-mail (which
> means it'll have to be a bit lighter than usual, and actually look like
> someone wrote it as an e-mail).
>
> Just an idea, and since the summit (being a developers meeting) has very
> little mainstream press appeal, perhaps it's a good time to start
> playing with how we do communication.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.

So, do you mean something similar to how Google announces new products
on its Blog? I am personally not for putting it out on the wire as it
would could $300 to $400. Not sure if they have a lower rate for
non-profits.

What's the deadline for this and do we have a list of select few
reporters we want to send this out to?

Rajiv