Re: multilanguage support (of GNOME.org)

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 20:03 +1000, Hugh Buzacott wrote:

> >What I think is very important for GNOME is the internationalisation.
>
> >think one could use the Apache multilanguage feature but also should
> let
>
> >choose a user what language he likes to see.

Unfortunately, this would be useless unless there is
a) An easy way for translators to translate the content without dealing
with all the HTML/css markup.
b) An easy way for translators to update translations when the original
changes.

So far, the only system I know of that can do this is DocBook with
xml2po, which we use for release notes. I'd be surprised if it's the
only possible way, but it's not my area of expertise.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com