Re: GNOME 2.12 Live CD contains beta packages + suggestion

Marcus Bauer wrote:

Currently it is based on ubuntu and ubuntu releases one month later thus
their CD is during the release of GNOME still under heavy development.
I'm investigating a bit into the direction of completly building the CD
instead of remastering the ubuntu one. But I'm not sure if that isn't
simply overkill. Building liveCDs from bottom up is kind of voodoo
magic ;)

If you mean building it entirely from scratch rather basing it on a distribution, then yes otherwise there are several nifty tools that makes this process pretty easy to do.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I guess that's why Fedora is still working on it? ;)

Marcus

Fedora Live CD tool is a very recent project [1] . Regardless of that it is possible to make this process entirely easy for other users

regards
Rahul

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties