Re: Revamped Gnome.org

Hugh Buzacott wrote:

I am still pushing for a new GNOME.org so I created a mock-up.

The mock-up is at http://www.geocities.com/bzctt/ and is only a front page but has links to the rest of normal GNOME.org through the header.

It is just a suggestion so if you have any ideas and so forth just send them.

Thanks,

Hugh Buzacott.

Oh. To view it correctly you have to minimize the ‘Sponsored Links’ bar at the side.

Looks nice. Nice to see it implented.
As Jeff mentioned when I spoke to him on IRC, any kind of reorganisation and restyling of content need to aim towards what people want to do.
People going to gnome.org probably wants to:
* to find out how to make their gnome better
* to find developer information
* to find out what it is

However, a whole reorganisation is a very brave task and fixing the frontpage would atleast be a step in the right direction. I would also like to cut down the amount of text in Simple Yet Powerful to atleast half in this proposed design. People loose interest very fast when reading text online.
- Andreas