Re: Some thoughts on the future of gnome

Thats not really what I mean, I mean that by the time Vista is released
there could be a windows version of the gnome desktop environment which
users could install on their existing windows XP/9x OS. to them it
would just be like installing any other piece of software except that
it would replace the start menu and control of the desktop with the
gnome environment!

I don't know how this would work to be honest but progress is already
being made in porting apps like gnome-meeting (I think it's basically
ready) to windows, so why not the whole shebang?