RE: Some thoughts on the future of gnome

The problem I see with this is that people don't buy GNOME. They
buy or install SUSE or RedHat or Mandriva or Ubuntu. So not only
does one have to make sure that the desktop environment delivers
but also the OS. Are the applications available that people care
about and who can they call for help? If their Internet connection
doesn't work they can call their neighbour or friend to fix the
Internet. If now they tell them they run Linux it needs to be as
easy as with Windows. There was a Linux Mentor program mentioned
sometime on some list (can't remember). This probably would help.

Creating such a network takes some time and effort and could be
a way to give back to the community for people who can't contribute
code but are good at teaching other people.

Michael