Re: Website work

On 6/7/05, Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of the things that came out of GUADEC was that the website needs
> some work. Over at the marketing team, a couple of people are working on
> a checklist of things to do so that we can carve this up into
> microtasks, making the job a little less daunting.
>
> It would be great to get people from this list involved over there.
>
> I am under the impression that the webhackers group is more or less in
> maintenance mode (adding press releases, ensuring that there are no dead
> links, etc) - is that unfair? It seems like at the moment the momentum
> to generate new content (and a few graphical designers interested in the
> look) are over at the marketing list.

My main pet-peev with the current site(s) is the jumble of links at
the top of the page (next to the logo).  These links sometimes go to
different sites with an entirely differnt look and sometimes the site
they go to has differnet links at the top of the page.

IMO:

1- Links at the top (next to the logo) should all stay within
www.gnome.org and be consistant througout the site.

2- Links to other gnome.org famly sites (developer, art, whatever)
should be in the far upper right corner of the page (on top of the
header image).  If not up in the corner, at least make it clear that
they are not in-site navigation.

-Tom
--
Tom von Schwerdtner