Re: Logo/image guidelines

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 18:42 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I mean, we might want to provide it in various additional formats, such
> as .eps, .ai, .tiff, etc.

Not only image files, also directions on "how to use them".

> I hope our designers can come up with a fuller brand image. That might
> include our brand colors, fonts, etc.

There's a good example next door : just check the kde web page [1]. The
colors are consistent, and it's the same color used in almost all the
environment (not only the web page, I mean the desktop env.).

I mean, the gnome.org web page has a good starting point on colors,
identity, logo positioning, etc. Why not use it as a guideline?

> Or, it would be nice if people provided links to examples of corporate
> brand guidelines.

I found a pdf file about Corporative identity Guidelines [2] on a
specific brand. You might check also the site [3], has a lot of pdfs
talking about the same things, with included examples.

Regards,

--jci

[1] yeah, I know the example is not the best one, but I think it has a
good consistency. Anyway, I hate blue :)

[2]
http://www.designerstalk.com/uploads/corpid/corporate_identity_ebook.pdf

[3]
http://www.designerstalk.com/corpid/