Re: draft GNOME 2.10 press release

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:50:53 -0500
Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

[...]
> My current feature list:

I never saw a press release that uses a formatted list. Formatted lists
are not used in newspapers, and the whole idea of a press release is to
enable journalists to copy'n'paste the text, literally speaking - I'm
not saying, this happens very often. ;-)

> "We're putting our money where our mouth is", said Luis Villa, GNOME
> Foundation Board member. "Instead of talking about vaporware that
> users and ISVs may or may not see in 2005, or 2006, or 2007, GNOME's
> regular release process is getting visible improvements to users twice
> a year, something no proprietary desktop vendor matches."
>
> Sort of aggressive but I like it ;)

This is a nice quote. ;-)

On the other hand, the text had superlatives ('the easiest and
friendliest') that journalists really hate to read.

I've attached a a simple, zipped text with some more notes,
demonstrating a possible way to rewrite the feature list. My English is
really bad, so consider it a 'mockup', please. ;-)

It looks a little bit long but everything under 1000 words should be
fine, I guess.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Claus