RE: draft GNOME 2.10 press release

Hi

Some comments from an anal-retentive:

"The GNOME architects have worked hard for the past six months, so you
don't have to, fixing over 1200 reported bugs"

Should be replaced with

"The GNOME architects have worked hard for GNOME users over the past six
months, fixing over 1200 reported bugs"

(I suspect that is a made-up quote, i.e. Elijah didn't actually say
that)
------------------------------------

Add to:

GNOME makes stable releases every six months according to a reliable
schedule, allowing ISVs and distributors to plan their own products with
confidence.

With:

Planning and development of GNOME is conducted in publicly available
electronic forums, such as open email lists, WWW pages and IRC channels.

------------------------------------
Replace:

"GNOME 2.10's enhancements and attention to detail total to an even
better user experience", said Owen Taylor, GNOME Foundation chairperson.
"The addition of multimedia applications complements that."

With

"GNOME 2.10's enhancements and attention to detail deliver an even
better user experience", said Owen Taylor, GNOME Foundation chairperson.
"The addition of multimedia applications showcases that."

------------------------------------
Replace:

The software includes the GNOME 2.10 desktop interface, file manager,
menus and utilities, as well as the complete set of development tools
and libraries.

With:

The software includes the GNOME 2.10 desktop interface, file manager,
applications and utilities, as well as the complete set of development
tools and libraries.

(Am I right?  I am thinking of Evolution in particular here)

------------------------------------
The "About GNOME" section really, really needs some information on
adoption.  An estimate of the number of users, and a few major corporate
and governmental installations, would help tremendously.

I know estimating users is hard.  Most vendors seem to use number of
downloads as a proxy.  Can we do this?

Hope this helps

John

---