Re: GNOME at Asia Source

<quote who="Sayamindu Dasgupta">

> I am at Asia Source at Bangalore (http://www.tacticaltech.org/asiasource),
> an eight day hands-on workshop aimed at building the technical skills of
> those working with NGOs in South and South East Asia.
>
> All the systems in the lab (at least the migration and the l10n labs)
> currently have Ubuntu installed, and except for a few laptops, I have not
> seen many non GNOME desktops around.
>
> We  are using GNOME for the Migration Track, and there are people using
> the Linux desktop for the first time, and they seem to be absolutely
> comfortable with it.

Dude, that's completely awesome! Did you get much feedback on localisation
issues, fonts, etc?

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard