Re: 2.10 release notes

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 00:26 +0100, Claus Schwarm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:11:26 +0100
> Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
>

> > We welcome any help with this, and the release-team would love to
> > delegate this to a better team (marketing makes sense to me) in future.
> > For instance, I'd really like to hear any criticism of previous release
> > notes.
> >

> Would you mind telling me who gets these release notes? How are they distributed - just posted on the web, or sent to other persons by e-mail or mail?

They are posted on the web when we do the release. For instance:
www.gnome.org/start/2.8/

We also do a press release that points people to these release notes.
That press release goes into press-release system ("putting it on the
wire", via Novell at the moment) that journalists tend to read. That's
why you find almost-identical copies of the 2.8 press release posted as
news at various news web sites.

It would maybe be a good idea to email it to a list of people as well.

> Additionally, what is in the package? The links in the wiki point to a web page that includes screenshots, and other stuff.

That's it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com