Re: media files

David Neary wrote:

> You really do overestimate the amount of time a user will spend
> reading.

Says the man who wanted two paragraphs of text on a poster... ;-)

Cool link btw. I really like Joel's writing. Haven't seen this one yet.

> Users don't read the manual. Users don't read dialogs. If you
> flash a dialog up, chances are that it will be dismissed in
> under a second.

A marketing way of dealing with this sort of thing would be a flashy
animation instead of a dialog. :-)

> Alternative text: "MP3 is evil. Ogg is good."

I admit, my text sucks. But don't you think, yours is a little bit too
short? :-D

Cheers,

Claus

--