Re: GNOME Maps Updates

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 01:29 +0000, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
Thanks for the update at

http://live.gnome.org/LogoGuidelines

Therefore, can we say that
"a GNOME user-group, provided they accepted the user-group licensing agreement, has two options:
1. Use the official logo provided verbatim.
2. In case they want to add something custom like "Greek GNOME Team", the GNOME Official logo should not be obscured
as described at  http://live.gnome.org/LogoGuidelines

For example, for the second options,
a. http://planet.hellug.gr/images/gnomelivecd.png
This would be ok if only 1) if it used the official writing under the foot, 2) it did not mention GNOME in big letters.

Yes, I think so. Only the use of a different font seems odd.

b. http://64.34.180.159/pics2/i/20051121/d/8/6/d86b385eb3d1265a2042334a5134184b0_mid.png This is not ok because 1) it changes the colour of the foot, 2) it does not say GNOME in Trebuchet font under the foot, 3) the big toe is multi-coloured (map of China)."

Yes.

I'm not sure whether we want to enforce the word GNOME and the position
of the word. The guidelines do seem to suggest that now.

I'm not sure how that would work in languages with very different scripts.

Also, shall we add "You may have noticed several Linux logos (the penguin) are modified and Tux wears glasses, is dressed, rides a bike and so on. We try to avoid these variations and we would like to have the official logo stand out on its own, and you are welcome to add something next to it. We recommend you to use Inkscape for this task and export as PNG for best results.".?

That doesn't seem necessary to me. I'd like to keep the guidelines
simple and easy to understand.
It's good to add positive examples in addition to the existing examples to avoid at

http://live.gnome.org/LogoGuidelines

Personally I feel that the current LogoGuidelines page is not easily digestible.
For positive examples on the use of the Logo, you may add
http://planet.hellug.gr/images/gnomegr2.png
http://www.frappr.com/gnomeusers/
http://www.frappr.com/gnomedev/

And an unacceptable one,