Re: lucasr's blog comments..

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Has anybody looked at the 14 comments responding to Lucas's blog regarding
> GNOME Love?
>
> They are quite interesting and what a lot of people have issues with are:
>
> * developer attitudes in bugzilla, for instance by Alan Horkan:
>
>  "I don't know about anyone else but I get really pissed off and
>   discouraged by the way most bug reports and requests get closed
>   with very little explanation."
>
>   Alan goes on to give a decent suggestion:
>
>   "Developers could do a lot more to encourage people on how to
>   do things the right way, and learn to provide something more to
>   their liking rather than berating people for not magically knowing
>   how they like to do things. It is not like most developers have
>   clear documentation on how they like things done and what bugs
>   are beyond the scope of their work or available resources)."

I do apologise in advance for quoting a substantial chunk of the mail.
However, the aim of the BugSquad is to ensure that a proper vetting of
the bug is done when the triaging is put in place. It is forever a
question of eyeballs and bugs. Sure the BugSquad could do with more
folks (and when I get asked about how to contribute to GNOME it is
always a toss up between BugSquad and Docs).

Through the passage of time, GNOME Bug responses have become far more
cooler and rational than earlier times. Perhaps we need to do more...

Regards
Sankarshan

--

You see things; and you say 'Why?';