Re: GNOME logo: example on dark background

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 13:52 +0100, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Murray Cumming wrote:

Andreas, could you maybe do a quick SVG for people who want to use the
logo on a dark background, please, such as here:
http://www.gnomejournal.org/

Thanks.

Hello Murray!
Sorry that I kept you waiting, been busy with some other stuff lately.
This is the one used on gnomejournal
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnome-darkbg.svg

I'm not 100% sure about this approach though. A white logo should probably work better for dark backgrounds as it has better contrast. I saw sony doing this with their playstation logo on tv the other day, and I think it's pretty common for logos to have a version with inverted colors for this. Can't come up with any good examples for the moment though.
Here is the inverted logo anyway.
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnomelogo-inverted.svg

I guess people might want both. Could you CC marketing-list, please?
Thanks lots.
I'm cc marketing list with this mail (hi people!).
Well, I think we should at least recommend the inverted one in the logo guidelines, as it do actually display better on dark backgrounds. The problem with the glowing logo (http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnome-darkbg.svg) is that it is made in such a way that it is impossible to blow it up in size too much without it looking wacky as the glow is made up of several semi-transparent objects.
- Andreas