Re: OpenCD & GNOME

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:50:36 +0200
Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:

> Would the launcher thingy allow to include information about
> additional GNOME apps that are related to a certain application or
> category, but have not yet been ported to Windows?

If the presented idea is too much advertising, we could also
do a "Your favourite applications under GNOME" essay contest.

Selected essays could get be presented on the OpenCD. The Windows Open
Source application gets a link to these pages, stating:

  "Users of <application name> also use the following applications
under Ubuntu (or GNU/Linux): <app1>, <app2>, etc."

I usually like to read such information when browsing amazon.

Winners could get a T-Shirt or so.

This may add a personal community touch. Additionally, it could also
serve as a reference when essay winners state how they are using Ubuntu
or Linux.

Of course, that's a little bit of work to do, and I have no clue which
time frame we're talking about, but maybe it's some PR for GNOME and
the OpenCD.

Cheers,
Claus