Re: Getting marketing-list going again..

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 16:46 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Greetings folks!
>
> I thought I would (with a little help from Luis) attempt to get
> marketing list and see if we can come up with a good strategy to market
> GNOME to all those people who we KNOW want to use it. :-)
>
> To start off, I thought we would use Luis's notes from GNOME Summit
> as a point to start off discussion.  I haven't put anything up yet becuase
> there is still web infrastructure that we need to get marketing going and
> we don't quite have that yet.  Hopefully, after the infrastructure move
> is complete we have somewhere to go.
>
> Please read:
>
> http://tieguy.org/events/2004/gnomesummit/marketing-notes/
>
> Comments, thoughts?

I was particularly intrigued by

"* need live CD for conferences, media, etc.- imagine being able to send
CDs of 2.7.9 to eWeek, etc."

in the TODO list.

I have some experience with building Live CDs - and I was wondering
if we can hook up the GNOME tinderbox
(http://gnome-build.ximian.com/tinderbox/LATEST/) with a (semi)automated
Live CD build system ??

The basic idea is to get the build system do the install in some system
wide accessible directory (maybe /opt/gnome<version>??), and if the
entire process is successful, copy that entire directory into a live cd
file system (shell script), and then build the live cd (scriptifiable).

It's just a crazy idea of mine - comments, flames, brickbats are
welcome.

-sdg-