Re: Freshmeat stats

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:39:59PM -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> I don't know if that means anything :)  Still,

Probably doesn't mean much without knowing how much are actually active
out of the list. :-) I wonder if there is a way to query that directly from
fresehmeat.  All projects that have been updated from Nov 2003 - Now.

> 1. Why are there more GTK projects that Gnome projects, while there are
> more KDE ones than Qt ones?  Are the Gnome libraries hard to use /
> undocumented / or what, compared to the KDE ones?

I suspect that it's because:

1) they don't want gnome bloat eg all the GNOME libraries
   (a silly thing if you ask me)
2) possible cross-platform with GTK+

I'm sure there are other reasons.

regards,