Freshmeat stats

One one of Luis's notes, there's the task of figuring out how many Gnome
vs. KDE applications there are in Freshmeat.  I looked in their "Browse"
pages for X11 apps, and this is what came up:

Environment: X11 Applications

Gnome: 902 projects
GTK: 1037 projects
KDE: 707 projects
Qt: 452 projects

I don't know if that means anything :)  Still,

1. Why are there more GTK projects that Gnome projects, while there are
more KDE ones than Qt ones?  Are the Gnome libraries hard to use /
undocumented / or what, compared to the KDE ones?

2. We have more projects anyway.  However, the ratios between Gnome/Gtk
and KDE/Qt are very different.

This is http://freshmeat.net/browse/229/

  Federico