Re: Project page and CVS module

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:00:12PM -0200, Sebastien Biot wrote:
> Some practical considerations on getting things (re)started:
>
>  - Regarding the promotional material inventory. As Sri mentioned,
> there is stuff available on ftp.gnome.org. I'd like to make it easier to
> get to. I propose we add a Marketing Project section to
> developer.gnome.org (where the other projects are) and keep a Resources
> page listing fpo's material. I'll get started on that.

Yeah, the web stuff concerns me since we don't have that great of
an infrastructure.  A marketing entry should be okay.  Talk to Curtis,
he can probably help you, or ask in #webhackers.

>  - Regarding probably everything else, I didn't see a marketing module
> in CVS. Shouldn't we create one? Also, I didn't see a marketing channel
> on irc.gnome.org. I don't really feel I need one to get my work done but
> it might be helpful.

Feel free to use the #gnome-summary channel.  We do a lot of
dicussions on there anyways regarding to articles and state of GNOME
and I think a tight integration with GNOME Journal is appropriate.
GNOME Journal's charter is to be the marketing arm of GNOME to
the outside world and we want to drum up interest by writing new
content that would be of interest to desktop users.

Don't know about the cvs module.  I don't think I see a pressing
need for it now since we still need to pick a direction and decide
how we are going to ask about basic questions IMHO.

sri