Re: Example media files

<quote who="Ian McIntosh">

> > Yeah, that would be handy for demonstrating thumbnailing, and perhaps
> > f-spot or gthumb.
>
> Exactly.  But I wonder, should they be in their own sub-folder, or just
> one big folder with ~20 random file types?

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. ;-)

> > Let's aim for 10MB and see how that goes - it could expand.
>
> Funny, I was thinking 10MB.  Although it might be difficult if we use
> that video (which is either 6MB or 7MB, depending on the file type).
> Add an MP3/OGG and we're busted.  15MB would be easier. :)
>
> Does Ubuntu LiveCD have MP3 support?  How about the RealAudio player?
> And does Firefox come with any plugins installed (Flash)?

Not at the moment, but you'll be able to install flash very easily from
within Firefox. (However, I think that within GNOME, we should be thinking
more about the Gnoppix version, which is all GNOME branding and modules,
such as Epiphany.)

> What do you guys think about providing links to internet radio?  There's
> a whole lot of content in a small size. :)

Not too fussed, but it would be a good demonstration of Rhythmbox or Totem.
Are there good, appropriate Vorbis streams around the place?

> We still need candidates for these (and more?):
>
> PDF:
> MP3/OGG:
> DOC:
> XLS:
> OO.o Calc:
> OO.o Impress:
> JPG/PNG:
> SVG:

Theora video. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

     "They cosset us with trappings to shut us up. That way when we say
     'sharecropper!' you can point to my free suit and say 'Shut up pop
                          star.'" - Courtney Love