Re: Merchandise and publicity packs for conferences

David Neary wrote:
btw, Sebastien Biot has been doing most of the nice banner images on
gnome.org, he might be keen to have a go at a big banner. :-)

Cool :) Let's get this thing rolling...

I guess I should step in. I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to GNOME lately but I have kept an eye on this thread. This is definitely something I'm interested in doing. I've actually worked on some stuff (posters[1], t-shirts[2], and docs[3]). All of it was done with nothing but experimentation in mind; it's probably not "optimized" for public consumption.

I suppose the first thing to do would be to create plain b&w (cheap) posters (logo, project name, foundation's address?). In terms of size, I'd shoot for large though that's mostly up to whomever would be printing them. Good scalable graphics designed for ISO A-sizes should work on anything from A4 to A0.

Somewhere down the road it'd be nice to have thematic posters. That's sort of what I meant to do with [1] though what I have in mind now is different. I'd like to try something less dogmatic and better targeted (GNOME for developers, examples of large scale deployments, &c)

I'll get started on the identity posters. We can talk some more about what the thematic posters could be if someone's interested.

Sebastien

[1] http://www.viralata.net/blog/archives/2004/10/12/three-gnome-posters/
[2] http://www.viralata.net/blog/archives/2004/11/01/national-desktop-league/ [3] http://www.viralata.net/blog/archives/2004/10/13/why-choose-gnome-out-in-pdf/
--