Re: Getting some marketing love going..

Hi,

Quoting Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net>:
> I have also collected some web adresses for 2.). A sort of 'informal'
> research what prevents governments from switching to Linux (i.e. what it
> would be needed to make them consider Linux and GNOME) would do for the
> beginning. Are you willing to do this and then organize the next
> steps? Would be cool. :D

OK, now we're getting down to brass tacks :)

What kind of 'informal' survey are we talking about? What is the target group
for the survey? How do I get a list of the IT decision makers in governments
and government departments?

Presumably, if we have a strategy for getting that information, and a same
survey that we can send out to those representatives, we can have a nice little
sample. Ideally, if we define a strategy centrally, it's just (!) a matter of
getting local representatives to (1) translate the survey and (2) gather the
relevant addresses, send the survey, and send the responses back to a central
location.

This is all assuming that a telephone or postal survey is a good way to go on
this.

So this task splits nicely into 2 sub-tasks, coming up with a survey we can use,
and getting the database of addresses to seed it. I don't know how to go about
the second, and I have never studied marketing, so I don't know how to design
an unskewed survey (although I would be more than happy to spend time coming up
with a first draft, given some guidelines). I have studied maths, though, and
could certainly help with the analysis of the survey's results.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary