Re: LiveCD Media Project

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 16:25 +0100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Luis Villa">
>
> > > Another possibility is to have the songs fade out after a minute.  Then
> > > we could include several tunes in different formats.
> >
> > The fadeout idea seems decent, but I think we should stick to ogg as much
> > as reasonably possible.
>
> Perhaps have some voice recordings in speex, to demonstrate it?

Yeah, I was thinking the same, though I have no idea how well mp3->speex
transcodings will work.

http://jolt.law.harvard.edu/images/jolt-moglen.spx

ah-ha. This is a great talk, BTW, everyone should listen to it even if
we end up not putting it on the CD ;) (Even in speex it is 8Mb :/) I
have no idea if we have tools that would allow us to open/trim a speex
file?

Luis