Regarding GNOME Maps Project

Sir or Mam,
I'm Sumaid from IIITH, India. I am fascinated by the idea of open source development, and I'm looking forward to contributing to such projects.
As a beginner, I started fixing issues on GNOME maps. I am looking forward to applying as GSoC aspirant under GNOME organization.
  • I wanted to ask if you would know whether GNOME has planned a project on Maps for GSoC this year. I have few proposals for project ideas for GNOME Maps.
  • Any help regarding open source development or GSoC would be greatly appreciated.
  • Thanks & Regards,
    Sumaid