Re: Maps' Mapbox free coupon is soon to expire

  > 1) The coupon is for requests to some MapBox tileservers.

Alas that answer leaves me knowing almost nothing about the matter.
(I don't know the term "tileserver".)  I am wondering about these
questions:

* Who makes these requests?

* What software do they run to make these requests, and is that software free?

* What do these requests request?

* Do these requests obtain data from the tileserver?  If so,
what kind of data?  I can guess it might be map data, but I think
it is important to ask rather than guess.

* Are the maps free?

* Is this a job we could use openstreetmap for?

* Does our software work with openstreetmap for this?

--
Dr Richard Stallman