Re: Mapbox <-> GNOME Maps

Mattias, Marcus and team - can we talk on Wednesday? I'll get sth for us on the cal. Looking forward to talking.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Mattias Bengtsson <mattias jc bengtsson gmail com> wrote:
Hi Sajjad!

Thanks A LOT for this offer.

Also thanks to Arun and Amisha for reaching out!

I'm CC'ing your colleague Alex Barth since he also reached out from
Mapbox and wanted to help but in a separate email-thread.

Hi Alex! Thanks a lot for reaching out! ☺

So, even though the current situation is kind of urgent I want to think
about the future a bit. We're currently relying on separate services
for not only tiles but also geocoding and direction searches and I
would love for us to use the same provider in the future (either self
hosted or from a map company). Perhaps Mapbox? There's also some other
stuff that I can't remember right now.

I would like to schedule a meeting with Sajjad and/or Alex to discuss
the above and the tile service offering details a bit.

I'm available whenever this week, but to start off would Tuesday work
for you? Given time zone differences between Bangalore, New York, San
Francisco and Gothenburg I guess it's best that you set a time though.

Regards,
Mattias

On fre, 2016-07-15 at 12:15 -0400, Sajjad Anwar wrote:
> Thank you Arun for the introduction.
>
> [...]

> For a start, Mapbox can give GNOME maps for free for a year, using a
> coupon code and we can look at traffic and adjust volumes as we go.

This is awesome!

> I'm copying my colleague Ali and Amisha. Ali will help you setup with
> an account.

Great!