Re: Feature request: info about elevation

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
On 05/02/2014 02:18 PM, Paolo Leoni wrote:

Hi all,
thank you for the very interesting Gnome Maps application.

I've a simple feature request for you: can you implement elevation info in
Gnome Maps? OpenStreetMap integrate it (through tag "ele").

Thank you anyway.

For someone who's more of a noob regards to OSM. What does elevation mean?
How high up something is?

Yes. :)

How would it be used? In what situations does it help me as a user?

I don't know really, planning a glide or basejump? :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
Befriend GNOME: http://www.gnome.org/friends/