Re: Feature request: info about elevation

On 05/02/2014 02:18 PM, Paolo Leoni wrote:
Hi all,
thank you for the very interesting Gnome Maps application.

I've a simple feature request for you: can you implement elevation info in Gnome Maps? OpenStreetMap integrate it (through tag "ele").

Thank you anyway.

For someone who's more of a noob regards to OSM. What does elevation mean? How high up something is?
How would it be used? In what situations does it help me as a user?
- Andreas