Fwd: Feature request: info about elevation

Forgot to reply to list, stupid gmail.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mattias Bengtsson <mattias jc bengtsson gmail com>
Date: Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: Feature request: info about elevation
To: Paolo Leoni <ulixes84 yahoo it>

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Paolo Leoni <ulixes84 yahoo it> wrote:
Hi all,
thank you for the very interesting Gnome Maps application.

Thanks for the praise! :)

I've a simple feature request for you: can you implement elevation info in Gnome Maps? OpenStreetMap integrate it (through tag "ele").

What would we do with the elevation data? I could see it being interesting in two cases:
1) having a terrain base layer where you easily can see hills, mountains and valleys etc.
2) an elevation graph for when you look at a route search (might be handy for pedestrians and bicyclists I guess)

What did you specifically have in mind?

Regards, Mattias