Re: Facing a problem trying to use GeoClue2

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Parin Porecha <parinporecha gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to write a small code in python2 which prints the location of a
user when run.
I've made progress till here - http://pastebin.com/ejAVJEGN (The code is
also attached with the mail)

Now, the property 'Location' of 'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2.Client' should
return the path to the location object containing the location of user, but
that is not happening in my code. I'm always getting the location as '/'

I ran the sequence in d-feet. The 'Location' property is '/' before starting
client. But it gets updated to the path when 'Start()' is run. So, in the
code, I've tried to fetch it after starting client, but still it does not
return the expected path.

Please can someone help to find out the mistake in the code ?

I didn't look at the code but you want to hook-up to 'LocationChanged'
signal before starting the client. The '/' path is same as NULL.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124